I am interested in another layer of back-up for my important files and have considered trying one of the online back-up services.
There seem to be a quite a few out there and most of them offer a free version, paid personal, and business. Anyone have any experience with these???
- free:2GB of storage space absolutely free Option to upgrade to the IDrive-E Pro version depending on user requirements remote backup features remote backup signup
- remote backup drive:Ideal for small and medium businesses (SMB segment) or individuals with very large backup needs. For a small fee, this service gives you unlimited storage space for your backups.
- IDrive-E Pro for Personal Use: Unlimited storage* space for just $4.95/month for all your backups! Opt for yearly plan at $49.50 and get 2 months free Drive-E Pro for Business
- 50 GB $9.95/mth $99.50/yr | 100 GB $19.95/mth $199.50/yr | 500 GB $49.95/mth $499.50/yr
- 2GB of free, secure storage Open/locked file support, Block-level differential backup, 128-bit SSL support (to secure your data during transport), 448-bit Blowfish encryption (to secure your data on our server), Continuous or scheduled backup options
- Mozy Unlimited for just $4.95 per month
- $49.95 per year for unlimited backup after your free trial.
- 5GB $9.95/mth $99.50/yr
- 10GB $19.95/mth $199.50/yr
- 50GB $49.95/mth $499.50/yr
- 100GB $99.95/mth $999.50/yr
- 200GB $199.95/mth $1999.50/yr
- 300GB $299.95/mth $2999.50/yr
Working from a PC platform here and just wondering if anyone has an opinion on any of these services. Reliability, ease of set-up, client set-up, etc. In my opinion a tape back-up would be the way to go but that is just not an option right now. Why you ask…. I'm cheap! 😉
© 2007, Robert Owen. All rights reserved.