Today is the Official start of a Smoke Free Tennessee. The new law has been in place for a couple of months but it is now as of October 1, 2007, in complete effect.
Ways to file a complaint:
Complaints will be accepted beginning TODAY October 1, 2007.
There are two ways to file a complaint or report a violation of the Non Smokers Protection Act.
- Web based complaint system
- OR Call: 1-800-293-8228
Under this new law, smoking is illegal in all enclosed public places within the State of Tennessee with a few exceptions. The smoking ban applies, but is not limited to:
- Public and private educational facilities
- Health care facilities
- Hotels and motels
- Retail stores and shopping malls
- Sports arenas, including enclosed public areas in outdoor arenas
- Restrooms, lobbies, reception areas, hallways and other common-use areas
- Lobbies, hallways and other common areas in apartment buildings and other multiple-unit residential facilities
- Child care and adult day care facilities
To review the law, go to www.legislature.state.tn.us/bills/currentga/Amend/HA0739.pdf
© 2007, Robert Owen. All rights reserved.