According to Microsoft the new Zune HD will officially be available starting September 15, 2009. Originally we thought the release date was set for September 5, then later we heard it had changed to late October or early November of this year. So, it’s good to have an Official Announcement on the date.
The new Zune HDs are priced at $219.99 for the 16 gigabyte version and $289.99 for the 32 gigabyte version. This is slightly less than the comparable iPod Touch models which are priced at $299 for the 16gb and $399 for the 32gb.
You can Pre-Order the new Zune by going to the Zune HD website and clicking the “Pre-order” link in the upper right hand corner.
Here is a recap of some features found on the new Zune HD.
- Organic light-emitting diode (OLED) touch screen.
16:9 widescreen format display (480 x 272 resolution)
- High-definition (HD) video output capabilities.
- Built-in HD Radio receiver.
- Wi-Fi. “Zune HD is Wi-Fi enabled, allowing for instant streaming to the device from the more than 5 million-track Zune music store.”
- Internet browser. “Zune HD will include a full-screen Internet browser optimized for multitouch functionality.”
- 16GB and 32GB, Microsoft is considering adding a 64GB Zune later on in the model year.
- New Version of the Zune Software… Zune 4.0
© 2009, Robert Owen. All rights reserved.