This had eluded me.. But I just found the solution so I thought I would post it… I had to reinstall a Windows 2003 Small Business Server last week.. This particular customer made use of the Fax Service. Before the reinstall the Fax Service would e-mail a receipt through Exchange to the sending user but this was no longer happening.
After a little digging I found the reason why.. It was not turned on. So, to turn on The Fax receipt function in SBS 2003 you will need to do the following:
- Open Server Management.
- Right-click on Fax (Local) container.
- Select “Properties”.
- Select “Receipts” tab.
- In the Message Box, enable the “Enable Message Boxes as receipts” checkbox.
- In SMTP E-mail, check the following:
- “Enable SMTP Receipts e-mail receipts delivery” is enabled.
- “Use these SMTP Settings for the Route through E-mail incoming routing method” is enabled.
- Under Authentication, try setting to Anonymous access if not set already”.
That should do it.. Now your users should get e-mail receipts from their sent faxes.
© 2008, Robert Owen. All rights reserved.