Today’s Friday Funny comes via my friend Robyn. I saw this post on her Facebook page and thought it deserved to be out in the open. I think this is not so much a funny as it is an optimal way for keeping yourself centered as you go through the work day.
With that, I give you this week’s Friday Funny: “The Stress Reliever.”
Just in case you are having a rough day (week, year, life) here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological journals. The funny thing is that it really does work and will make you smile.
- Picture yourself lying on your tummy on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.
- Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water.
- Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.
- No one knows your secret place.
- You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.
- The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
- The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.
There!! See?? It really does work. You’re smiling already. Feel free to forward this if you know others who might benefit from this technique.
© 2009, Robert Owen. All rights reserved.