Hi. As they say on twitter, I’m “the guy” with a Zune. Well, one of them anyway. Microsoft has recently officially announced the release of a new Zune this Fall. The Zune HD! Some of Features of the new Zune include:
- a Touch Screen with multi-touch navigation. This is a 3.3-inch screen and has a vivid 16:9 OLED display (480×272 resolution)
- Integrated HD Radio receiver: Tune into all your favorite stations with crystal-clear reception. Access a variety of HD Radio stations at no additional cost. Plus, tag the songs you like for later purchase.
- HD Video out: 720p HD movies, TV shows and videos in high definition on your HDTV through the Zune HD & AV Dock (sold separately). Or take them with you for premium entertainment on the go.
- Built-in Wireless: Connect, update, and buy content wirelessly from Wi-Fi hot spots. Stream millions of songs over Wi-Fi directly to your Zune HD and turn it into a portable digital jukebox.
- Web Browser: Enjoy your favorite websites with a full-featured web browser including tap-to-zoom technology, built-in accelerometer, and touchscreen QWERTY keyboard.
There are tons of pictures of the new harware over at Gizmodo and there is also a short video demo below.
I’m not finding anything on the price point yet but, as soon as I do I will update this entry. It seems very fast and sleek in the video and I’m looking forward to some more demo’s and the release!
More to come!
Also, I found over at PCWorld, an older Article saying the NEw Zune HD will come in 16 and 32 gig versions. But, that may be subject to change.
© 2009, Robert Owen. All rights reserved.